Some people find optimum relaxation from their pets. Well, who would not be happy when you see cute animals beam their innocent smiles? One of the most celebrated pets is the cat. In fact, in the U.S. alone, around 94 million cats were raised at home in 2016.
Now, if you want to keep that ‘organic’ and natural feel while you are growing a cat, building a homemade cat tent would be a great idea. A DIY cat tent helps you bring positive impact to the environment; at the same time, you spare your cat from dangerous plastics and chemicals integrated into pre-built cat tents.
What to Prepare:
- Two Wire Hangers
- 15″x15″ tag board
- Four Safety Pins
How to Create a Homemade Cat Tent
- Form a U-shaped Bracket. The first thing that you must do is to form a U-shaped based using the wire hangers. Just use the pliers in doing this.
- Punch a Hole on the Board. Hold the other tip of the U-shaped hanger and then poke a hole in the cardboard. Make sure the wire got, at least, one-inch attachment to the board.
- Bend the Wire. Using the pliers, the next thing that you must do is to bend the wire forming a 90-degree angle. Use the tape to fix the position.
- Make a Hole in the Opposite Side. Take the other tip of the hanger and then punch it on the opposite corner of the tag board. Repeat the process you did in step 3.
- Secure the Top. To keep the hangers on a still and fixed position, filled the corners and the top side with tapes.
- Place the T-shirt. Since you are done with the frame, the next step is placing the shirt on top of it.
- Secured With Pins. Make sure the t-shirt is fixed by attaching the pins on the sleeves.
- Beddings. Turn the DIY tent upright and then put comfortable and soft bedding. As much as possible, use white beddings to keep the temperature inside the tent cool.